Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sorry for Your Loss

Hi, everyone.  Nothing fancy today.  I made another sympathy card for my parent's card stash. No fun to make but much needed when the time comes. I think this will be the last one for now - Mom has just asked me for some thank-you cards so I'll be working on those next. Hoping to go visit them in the next couple weeks so I can give them all the cards I've made.


Today I used a scenic image from Delicious Doodles called Passage of Time. I thought this was appropriate for a sympathy card.  I printed it in sepia tones but it's hard to tell in this photo. The sentiment is a clear stamp from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set (see image of stamp set below). I embossed the kraft panel with a new Cuttlebug folder my BF just gave me (thank you, Brian xo) called Forest Branches. I added a small triple-looped bow to finish it off.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
  1. A Blog Named Hero New Year, New Stash (the embossing folder is brand-new, just received it as a gift from my BF last week) UE C5
  2. Delicious Doodles Must Use Ribbon 1E
  3. DRS Designs So Sorry UE
  4. Let's Craft and Create Make It Masculine (I think this is more of a masculine card because of the colours) UE
  5. Simon Says Stamp This is Where the Cowboy Rides (I can picture a cowboy riding in this picturesque scene) 5E #1

Thank you for looking at my card - I look forward to reading your comments.  Wishing you a joyful day!


6 comments:

Sue said...

A lovely card and image.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful sympathy card, stunning image and perfect delicate design. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Unknown said...

Wow, love your sympathy cards they are fab. Thanks for sharing them with us over at Let's Craft and Create.

Shelia said...

This is a lovely sympathy card. Love the image and CAS design. Thank you for playing along with us this week at DRS Designs.

Patti said...

I love the idea of a vintage photo for a Sympathy card I may have to "lift" this idea : )

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a meaningful card you have made here which fits perfectly the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of “Using ribbon”. I too keep my sympathy/thinking of you cards very minimal. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)